TALES AND SONGS OF THE ROYAL MILEPrivate half day walking tour (up to 15 guests) - price £225
Come on an Edinburgh experience like no other for your visitor group of up to 15 people!
Your guide, Dr Moray Grigor, is a doctor, but also a folk singer, with a passion for his native city, it’s songs, stories and curiosities. In this tour he brings all this together, (with a little help from his mandolin!) taking you on a fascinating and fun trip down the historic Royal Mile.
You’ll hear songs, poems, and Old Town tales galore, and you’ll hear not just English but the more German/Scandinavian sound of Old Scots, and Scotland’s own Celtic language, Gaelic. Don’t worry, though, all will be understandable, as we have a written guide including the songs and poems, translated into standard English (with many other languages available).
As we tour, Moray will tell stories from each part of the Royal Mile, and you’ll meet the characters whose legends live on in Edinburgh’s story – including Rabbie Burns, Sir Walter Scott, John Knox, Jenny Geddes, David Hume, and more.
Come on an Edinburgh tour like no other!
- Walking tour of the Royal Mile, capacity up to 15 guests
- Meeting point Castlehill (very top of Royal Mile, just outside Contini Cannonball House)
- Finish point Canongate Kirk, lower Royal Mile
- Tour duration approximately 3 hours
- Includes songs with musical accompaniment, poetry and stories of old Edinburgh.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before tour
- Subject to cancellation by 7 Hills Tours in case of severe weather
- Some steps and uneven surfaces, extended walking – not recommended for guests with significant mobility, cardiovascular or respiratory problems.
- No lower or upper age limit